Saturday 9 July 2011

Week 7 - Saturday Night and Sunday

Last night was lots of fun. I had salmon with green vegies for dinner - delicious! Then we all shared a few different desserts, and I had some and really enjoyed them. I am not sure how many calories I ate, it was a big piece of salmon, so that had a lot of calories in itself. Then I had desserts. However, it was my cheat meal and I I enjoyed them guilt free! and am back on the bandwagon today :)

I also felt great this morning when I woke up, which was fantastic! So last nights meal didn't have too bad of an impact on my body. Have already gone to gym this morning for an hours cardio on the cross trainer. Off to do a shit load of study today :) Fun for me, boring.

Food today:
- watermelon
- museli
- strawberries
- cup of tea
- roast vegie salad
- honey almond homemade treats
- 2 superfood orb balls
- cup of tea with milk and honey
- 2 dates

Have gone over the calorie limit, not sure how much. Am not excited about this since I have been doing really well all weekend. But just to analyse this so I can understand it and avoid it in the future:

I study lots for uni. One of my problem areas is bored eating.  When I am out and about and busy, I forget about food. When I am sitting at home writing up my boring method section of my thesis, all I can think about is food. Not good. Problem. While I did really well all day, by bordem eating coincided with my wanting sweet food after dinner. Today I just thought I would have one thing and leave it at that, but it ended up continuing.

I love the idea of abstaining from sweet food after dinner, but the cravings are somewhat overwhelming. Sad to think that I have such a severe food addiction at 23. 

In an attempt to counteract my over-eating tonight, I am going to go hard at the gym over the next two days. Hopefully weigh-in goes alright. Who knows, I only have myself to blame.

Hey just though of a great idea to attempt to combat my problem - when I am at home and eating - I will log in and write down my feelings before and after I eat.  That will keep me super accountable.

Nici, I am sorry for the stuff up. I hope I can make it up to you this week :)

1 comment:

Nici said...

Awesome!!! well done! Like you said, its not too bad if its over your calorie quota...its more about the amazing strength you had and the fact that you conciously chose the best thing you could...rather than just whatever you craved at the time. And your body is obviously grateful!!! Thats so awesome!!
Jealous you got to the gym....I was meant to be going with my partner, but things got a little late and we had to go straight to meeting his fam to shop for a bday present for his Dad, so didnt get there. But have had a lot of incidental exercise today, so its not all bad.
Again, very proud of you and your awesome choices. Im sure we'll both be seeing a loss next week. I forgot to ask, how did your weigh in go on Friday?
And what you wrote on my blog was really lovely...its great that we're here for each other and I too feel really fortunate. Its funny we've developed this support network without ever really meeting...but I guess thats what happens when you are going through something together....and its awesome that we really are so similar...age, school and eating habits! hehe. Ill reply properly when Im at work tomorrow, seeing as that computer works!!
Again, congrats....youre really coming along leaps and bounds, even after only a few days. Its like its finally clicked for us both, and Im so impressed by how determined you are...and most importantly, how consistent youre being. Its great to enjoy life knowing that youre taking care of yourself...and that, even if it takes some time, we WILL reach our goals, we just have to KEEP AT IT!!

bring on week "2". hehe