Wednesday 6 July 2011

Week 7 - Thursday

Slept for 10 hours last night. Loooved it! Probably due to my huge workout yesterday. Was tough a gym today, I was so exhausted everywhere and really struggled. Still managed to pump out over 650 calories. Did 30 minutes on the cross trainer, 45 minutes of weight training, and another 20 minutes of interval training. Very tired right now :) But am happy with my efforts considering it was a struggle.

Food:
- strawberries, sultanas and cherries - 100 cals
- omelette - 200 calories
- cup of tea, milk and honey- 40 -50 cals?
- banana - 100 calories
- date - 60 cals
- handful of almonds - 120 cals

Food is on track today, sitting at around 500 calories, and don't plan on eating until dinner now.  Having rice paper rolls again for dinner, a friend is coming over.

Felt really great after I woke up this morning (no food hangover), didn't feel sick going to bed full of food like I have in the past. New, beginnings! :)

The evening:
- Okay not a perfect day like I had hoped for, but still okay
- In the afternoon I had lots of cravings for sweet food. So I had 2 dates and a cup of tea, then brushed my teeth and was fine - did not over do it with eating too many sweet things.
- Evening meal - had a friend over for tea, she came late, so I was starving earlier in the night and had a healthy snack waiting for her.
- She bought over a big bag of potato chips to eat with the movie, and a specially made gluten-free dessert for us tonight (wasn't expecting this). This is a friend that I don't see often so she doesn't know that I am on Michelles plan.
- We didn't eat dinner until 9pm, rice paper rolls as said before.
- I hate to eat this late, makes me feel horrible the next day, no matter how healthy it is.
- Regarding the unhealthy food: I ate 4 chips (very unlike me, on occasion [but rarely these days] I have been known to devour at least half a bag of chips)
- And I had a spoonful of her dessert she had specially made for me, just to tell her how delicious it was.
- Then I went and brushed my teeth.  After she left, the rest of the bag of chips and the cake went to the bin! :)
- So by the time I had my afternoon sweets (dates and tea), my snack before tea, my dinner, and a few chips and bite of dessert, I think I have gone over my calorie restrictions.

However, although I have done this, I feel okay about everything. I feel like I was conscious in this process of eating. In the future I won't eat so late, I will just eat and leave food out for my friends. However, I didn't go overboard on the unhealthy food like I would have in the past. I feel excited that I didn't devour the bag of chips, and feel great that I didn't even want to!

Feeling good, not looking forward to my late night eating food hangover in the morning, however feel good about my decisions. I have a little Nici angel on my right shoulder keeping me on track :)

2 comments:

Nici said...

Well done!!! Epic day!! youre doing brilliantly.
Youre doing so much exercise, which is fantastic....make sure youre eating enough to support all that activity. I mean, obviously not over the 1200cal...but eat enough so you dont feel too tired! haha. i sound like a nag...sorry! And what youre doing is really impressive, just dont want you to burn out. Again, massive congratulations!! Youre really ripping this up, and its so awesome to wake up feeling proud of your efforts from the day before!
How did your dinner go?

Your peanut butter comment made me laugh... I read it out to my partner, cause he too has complained that we cant have peanut butter in the house cause I cant control myself. haha. Ah well!!! Its not all that bad for them either!!

Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow!! im sure youll see a loss. And even if you dont...youre making so many positive changes that the numbers will follow...we both have to remain consistent!! No "rewarding" ourselves for these few days of awesomeness! And thats as much a msg to myself as to you. hehe.

Hope youre having a good night!

Cribnal said...

Don't stress my eating is fine ;) Thanks for the wise words! Being tired was from my workout yesterday, rather than my eating. Burning over 1000 calories a day is a bit over-ambitious for me. Can end up being a 3 hour workout to get up to this. Can do it on the day with ease, but takes it out of me the next day.

I probably went a bit over 1200 calories today anyway. However, I am happy with the decisions that I made. Hopefully, my willpower muscle will get even stronger over time ;)