Tuesday 5 July 2011

Week 7 - Tuesday

Okay, so I haven't posted for a while. Has been an interesting few days. I have had dinner events Sunday, Monday and tonight.  And it has been tough. Eating has not been on track, I have allowed myself to eat what I feel like out. Way too many treat meals. Not counting the calories.

So although my week other than these meals has been great, meals out and evening snacks have been my downfall on this program.

Last week:
- Friday - wasn't counting calories. Way too many carbs, lots of bread.  600 calorie workout.
- Saturday - wasn't happy with previous day, worked out hard - 600 calories. So did a real detox eating day. Majority of food fruit and vegies. Made me feel great for sunday.
- Sunday - was working and the gym doesn't open before work, and it was raining. So I went outside and JFDI, went for a run in the rain and burned 550 calories. Felt very in control of food, perfect eating until dinner time. Went out for dinner, ate chips with my meal, then ate a shared dessert. Felt sick that night. Reinforcement that light eating in the evening with little sweet food in the evening is important.
- Monday - Day in Melbourne, went for a 9km walk around the city. Eating was harder as I had to eat out. Fruit for breakfast, sushi for lunch. Dinner, went out and really enjoyed my food and dessert. No calorie counting, and again no control.
- Tuesday - woke up this morning not feeling well after a late tea and dessert, again reinforcing, stop eating late large meals and dessert! Huge workout 750 calories. Watermelon, strawberries, porridge, cup of tea so far. Having dinner at my house with friends, rice paper rolls and sort of healthy brownie.

I am recommitting to this process. I didn't lose any weight last week and am not game to weigh myself until Friday this week, so that I have two extra days to fix the damage I have done over the last week. I don't want to see  a weight gain on the scales.

Nici thanks for making me accountable. These are my goals and my committments.

My 3 month goals were and are:
- Lose 4% body fat (down 1.5%)
- Lose 4kg (half way there)
- Lose 10cm from my waist (completed)
- Lose cm's from my arms and more definition in the arms (still working on)

My committment:
My commitment to myself, my family, my friends, to Michelle, and most importantly to Nici is to:
1. Stick to the health and diet plan all the way! Even if I experience cravings I will acknowledge my emotions and feelings, and remain in control.
2. Confront maladaptive thought processes regarding food and eating, take note of them, release them and continue on the journey.
3. Accept responsibility for who I am, who I will become, what I put in my mouth and my behaviours.
4. Stay on task everyday, develop a plan, focus on and commit to the present tasks.
5. Exercise, eat, sleep, and breathe Michelle’s plan! Put my everything into it!
6. Lose 4kgs.
7. Lose 4% body fat.
8. Be strong and in control!
9. Have fun! smile

I commit to stick to this plan, detail every calorie I eat, every calorie I burn at the gym, detail everything.  I also haven't been completing the abs and core aspects of Michelles plan. I know that they are important and will start putting these into my workout schedules. I will also detail my struggles and successes.

Thanks for keeping me accountable Nici. Looking forward to a fabulous day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Nici said...

That sounds awesome!!! Im so proud of you!!! There will always be testing times with diet and exercise. Youve got the exercise down pat...running in the rain is brilliant!! With the eating, its just about trying to make the best of the situation, rather than using every time youre not at home as an excuse to eat whatever you want. Dont worry, its totally what I do too!! But we will get control of this...the more consistent you are, the easier it will become.
Love your goals!! I should post mine too!! Im here with you all the way, I KNOW that you will reach your goals...they are attainable, and you deserve to be the person you want to be!!

Cribnal said...

Thanks love! I know I have had many ups and downs in this process. But as an overall it has made me really conscious of everything that I am eating. And has made me even more dedicated to my fitness regime. I think like you said, consistency is the key. Lets do it together and get going on it :)

Definitely post your goals! We are very lucky to have each other for support and encouragement during this process!

We are capable of doing this. We have to put ourselves first. Stop the old eating habits (because that is all they are, habits) and spend each day dedicating the energy to ourselves and making us the amazing people we would like to become. Stop the guilt from failure (love the saying though, that if you are a failure if you are not trying; at least we are on this process and are learning and becoming stronger); and start feeling proud of our achievements and willpower. Lets flex our willpower muscles and commit! :)

Cribnal said...

Btw, have sent you a FB message too yesterday :)