Thursday 14 July 2011

Week 8 - Thursday

Today has not been great. Back to my Sunday mindset. So ridiculous to think that my mindset can change so much in a day. Silly silly eating.

Pretty much, the dealio is that I have to re-write a huge piece of my work from uni. Today I have felt extremely overwhelmed and have been a bit of an emo. So of course, as predicted my eating went way downhill. At gym I got on the treddie and was ready to quit after 5 mins. However, I sucked it up and stuck to it until I had run 7kms. Then spent 25mins on the cross trainer. Was a mentally hard workout today.

My whole mindset today was that I cant cope with failure on this program and failure at uni.  Neither of which are true or even possible. Btw, I am an over-achiever at uni, have always done very well, so logically I know this attitude is incorrect. Plus, I work out everyday, so clearly not failure there. But I am consistently disappointing myself on the food front.

Todays mindset was that there is no way I can lose the rest of the weight in the last four weeks, especially when uni is so hard at the moment. The only way it would be possible would be to be in control of my diet. Something that I have never been good at. At the moment I do not have the time to do more than an hours exercise a day. 

Anyway, I hope that I can stay strong and get back on top of things tomorrow. I don't want to start the slippery slope for the weekend. I have a birthday dinner tomorrow night (pizza). So I have decided to stay at home until after tea and do some extra study. And have tea at home, no pizza for me :)  Other than that I have prepared a whole heap of cooked vegies and cut up raw vegies which are in the fridge for me to snack on. No more carb treats. Hopefully the weekend goes well with food and study :)

Eating today (who knows how many calories):
- muesli and strawberries
- cup of tea
- watermelon
- roasted vegies
- 2 superfood orb balls
- cup of tea
- 2 pieces of toast with banana and honey, and jam and cheese (clearly healthful choices for dinner)
- cup of tea

Looking forward to a more controlled day tomorrow. Sorry Nici.

1 comment:

Nici said...

Hey!!

hahaha...I didnt do very well either!!!
Dont worry, it doesnt sound like you ate that much....and we have 3 days left to gain all our momentum back. No weekend slippery slope, eyes on the prize!!! We can do this and there is no other choice. We have a goal, and we cant let ourselves get in the way of that!!!
cant wait to read about your weekend. Might try blogging on my partners iphone while were at the coast this weekend...will need your support Im sure!!!